Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trying my hand at Ubuntu...


I have installed the Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon Linux edition, very recently. I don't know why but I downloaded it and intalled as a dual bootup on my Laptop along side my favorite XP. It's pretty cool though. The striking features in Ubuntu as of now(strictly for me) are Compiz Fusion(desktop visual effects manager and memory eater) and the workspaces. I even believe that it has got some good wireless signal catching power.


Ofcourse, I am just a starter and Ubuntu is pretty new to me but with the kind of help and assistance the Ubuntu Forums is providing, I would definitely be in control pretty quick. But one thing I am missing in Ubuntu is the "refresh" command. Other than that it is a pretty smooth ride.

No comments:

Eyes viewing my blog...