Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hail Google Earth...



When I first started using Google Earth, except for one of my friend everyone else was against it. They just wrote it off saying it's just a waste of time. Even many governments accused it of giving access to the crucial land marks to terrorists in a easy way. But wait I have some good news for you google earth lovers.

Orphaned at seven, he ran away from home to escape the tyranny of his uncle and was taken care of by an affluent Muslim family in northern India. Now at 20, Rakesh Singh has through Google Earth traced his village near Agra and is fighting to get his property back.

Rakesh, who developed an early fascination for computers, has found his village in Kiraoli, about 22 km from the Taj Mahal city, thanks to his interest in the internet. "Google Earth helped me locate the village that was faintly in my dreams. I knew the name of the village but did not have any idea where in India it was," Rakesh said.


No comments:

Eyes viewing my blog...