Monday, August 17, 2009

Why I prefer FooBar 2000 for my music??? Softwares I use... Part V...


I was one of those lazy guys who never wanted to get away from winamp as my default music player for almost 5 years. But late last year, I completely drifted my musical river towards foobar 2000, but why?

One of the biggest reasons behind my change of tracks is the memory usage of winamp. Winamp was a memory hugging application and with my 1 GB ram(a year back) I barely was left with any ram for my general CPU usage. Then someone recommended to try foobar 2000 and to my surprise I had all the things that I asked for in this light weight software and it never asked for more than 30 MB of my memory.

The tabbed playlists adds the much needed flavor for my music library. You can create how many playlists as you want and can have them in a tabbed format for your regular music needs. The right click shows its real power in this player.

One more thing about foobar 2000 is that, it basically scans the folders for you and it maintains the library in a pretty good way. The search option that comes with the library is so cool and the skins are so awesome and there are lot other cool features. Check out for yourself by downloading the software from the link below.


foobar

No comments:

Eyes viewing my blog...