Monday, March 9, 2009

Virus attack by anti-virus ads, Stay Cool...


What will you do when your browser shows a pop-up which says your system is affected by virus and you should run anti-virus check? This is a kind of ads-spread virus. I take the credit for giving the name ads-spread and even the word corporate-spread. This virus just installs some adtracker in your system and keeps on nagging you to do system check. You can't use your browser and you can't access your files as well. This is strictly for Windows operating system.

I had this attack twice and I fell flat on my stomach but could do nothing but reinstall the complete OS, which by all means is a very bad habbit. But now I guess I know what to do. Just recently a computer in my house has been attacked by similar virus and I was worried what would happen to this. But there was this guy who I guess saved the day for me. When I saw and learnt what he did, I felt bad for myself. I was thrashing myself for not getting such a simple thought.

What he did was he shut down the computer, but before shutting down he turned the wireless internet connection off and then he navigated to the "temporary internet files" folder from the run command and deleted the files in it. I thought why through the run command, pat came the answer, because what ever folders you access you might be affecting those folders as well. Okay now all set I shut down the computer and restarted it. I repeat shut down not restart. Hope the virus doesn't come back again...

Source::  Adi

No comments:

Eyes viewing my blog...