Sunday, March 1, 2009

Traitor Movie - My View...


When I started watching this movie, I wasn't much interested in this movie, the reason being I haven't heard much about it before. The movie doesn't have huge starcast is the other reason which kept me away from the movie. If not for one of my brother, I would never have watched this movie. Okay after all the reasons why I watched the movie, let me tell you how I felt after watching the movie.

I was so dissapointed after the completion of the movie, that I didn't even speak much about it. Usually when I watch a new movie, I brag a lot about it. But this did not happen after this movie. I started watching the movie with no expectations, except a few action episodes. The first scene in the prison caught my eye and I was involved in the movie making a lot of false predictions of the plot and in turn disturbing others who are watching the movie.

The movie starts with the right momentum as if in Bourne Series but falls flat when it comes to the climax. The protagonist Samir(Don Cheadle), was good with his acting skills but I felt it was not his cake and he shouldn't have cut it with a terror*st backdrop. 

Things I liked::

  • The dialogue in the prison from one of the terror*sts, which goes something like this  "How many are ready to die for you".
  • The plight of Samir in trying to save the kid from becoming a suicide bomber.
  • The idea of Samir in attracting the attention of the cops when in Chicago.

Things I hated::

  • Using the fear of terror*sm in the US as an investment.
  • Not so attractive screen presence of the male protagonist. There was almost zero energy in this character.
  • The plot was subdued not just by the story but as well by the characters.
  • There was no thrill in watching a few characters talking endlessly.
  • One more thing is that there is literally zero action in this action thriller.

By the way I forgot to tell you the name of the movie, it is Traitor and trust me it is a real traitor.

My Rating:: 1.5/5

.

No comments:

Eyes viewing my blog...