Sunday, January 27, 2008

Novak Djokovic wins Australian Open


Serbia's Novak Djokovic beat unseeded French sensation Jo-Wilfried Tsonga to
win his first Grand Slam title at the Australian Open.

In the rarest of its kind final, of a grand slam, in recent years, Serbian Djokovic won an exceptional battle to claim his first ever grand slam title. Both the players came into finals, with upset wins over world no. 1 and no. 2, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, respectively.

The third seed withstood an early barrage from Tsonga, to win 4-6 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7-2). His victory in three hours six minutes ends a run of 11 straight majors won by Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal."I want to thank all the Serbian fans who came here to support me - I am so
proud to be the first Serbian to win a Grand Slam title," said Djokovic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it true.But the plan is great. He can afford it after all he is Richest person on Earth.Anyways keep up the good work Adi.

Anonymous said...

Hey gud one dude.

Anonymous said...

Hey Thanks Sriman and Sriya for stopping by at my blog You two are the first of the comments I recieved.

By the way shriya you commented in the wrong post. As yours is one of the first comment I recieved I am not deleting it. Thanks Once again

Eyes viewing my blog...